The mission of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts (BOPA) is to address the needs of the arts community through arts and cultural activities, advocacy, and support; create pride by promoting Baltimore to Baltimoreans; and to use the arts and events marketing tools to promote Baltimore’s assets locally, regionally, and nationally. BOPA produces festivals, special events, and promotions for Baltimore City and develops and administers funds, grant programs, and community workshops. In addition, BOPA manages several historic attractions and sites in the Baltimore area. Facilities include School 33 Art Center, The Cloisters, the Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower, and the Top of the World Observation Level in the World Trade Center.
The Social Media Manager for the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position, who reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications, and is a member of the Marketing & Communications Department. The primary responsibility is implementing the social media strategy to meet BOPA’s organizational and marketing goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set, manage, and execute social brand strategy across the full ecosystem of multiple platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Tik Tok. Oversight of day-to-day operations for flawless execution of all assets and copy.
- Drive budget and execution of social-related initiatives through compelling content storytelling, ensuring a consistent brand message and tone/voice for BOPA brands/channels.
- Collaborate cross-functionally inside and outside of the organization to identify and purposely create revenue enhancing promotional plans and content across partnerships, marketing, and ticketing efforts.
- Own monthly and weekly digital reporting across social channels, capable of analyzing data to set KPIs and create strategies and tactics for continual audience engagement and growth.
- Create and foster partnerships with key industry platforms and identify new opportunities with emerging platforms and technology.
- Stay current on changes to the social media landscape, industry platform updates and new techniques.
- Directly oversee and develop a best-in-class social media strategy, while managing resources and being accountable for the performance priority platforms.
- Quarterback the live coverage of concerts, festivals, and live events across BOPA’s venue portfolio.
- 5+ years’ experience in social media, with majority of time spent in arts, entertainment, lifestyle industry willing to roll up their sleeves in all aspects of the business.
- Passion, ambition, resilience, and work ethic to sustain unwavering performance across a significant volume of events, requiring always-on attention and accessibility, non-traditional work hours. Weekend work and event attendance is required.
- Partner with creative marketing, editorial, content and agency teams to oversee the delivery of content across various channels and platforms.
- Create relationships with influencers via social media to implement an influencer marketing strategy.
- Engage in social listening by following online conversations regarding BOPA.
- Coordinate ad buys on BOPA’s social media platforms.
- Contribute to editorial meetings and calendar with new content ideas.
- Work collaboratively across departments to offer social media marketing expertise.
Create and design high-quality, engaging creative assets - primarily for social media but potentially for other channels including the website, digital media, newsletters and support content.
- Bachelor’s degree in multi-media, communications, marketing, or related field or 5+ years professional social media marketing experience.
- Good understanding of SEO and social media KPIs.
- Ability to organize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Expert writing skills, experience in video and image-based story development and execution
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, pertinent Mac platforms, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, like Sprout Social, are required.
- Experience with motion graphics, animation, and/or video design skills preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively, be highly motivated, and maintain positive attitude.
- A strong appreciation of the arts, entertainment and culture
- A deep understanding of full 360 marketing functions and experience working in a matrixed organization with proven ability to translate digital initiatives across the department.
- Expert in social media and digital content. Full proficiency in current social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok, YouTube and emerging platforms.
- Healthy appetite for live events, music, television, pop culture, art, entertainment, and current events.
- Ability to identify new social media trends and adopt BOPA content to maximize new opportunities.
- A creative problem solver and innovator who is not just repeating what’s been done but interested in helping to build what is next.
- Ability to lead workstreams from inception to execution. Willing and able to dig into execution as much as strategy and deliver executions with quality and speed.
- Ability to collaboratively and cross-functionally navigate and prioritize in very sensitive, high paced environments.
- The ideal candidate will obsess over audience insights, performance metrics and data-driven decision making to help drive creative optimizations to deliver business results.
- Expert writing skills, experience in video and image-based story development and execution.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life, and AD&D
- 403B Retirement Plan with employer match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick and Vacation accrual
- Parking or Monthly Transit Pass (subject to availability)
Email cover letter and resume (with applicant’s name and the job title in subject line) as one pdf document to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to mirror the rich diversity of Baltimore City in our staffing and programming while emphasizing cultural equity. Cultural equity embodies the values, policies, and practices that ensure that all people-including but not limited to those who have been historically underrepresented based on race/ethnicity, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status, or religion-are represented in the development of arts policy; the support of artists; the nurturing of accessible, thriving venues for expression; and the fair distribution of programmatic, financial, and informational resources.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.